Welcome to Canadian OutFooters v1.0
It is beginning to feel a lot like fall these days. With Calgary experiencing one of the worst Summer’s in history Calgarians are wondering when and if they will get a break from the cold this year. Well whether we want to believe it or not (No Pun intended) Mukluk and moccasin season is approaching fast. It’s that time of year when house dwellers seek the comfort and warmth of moccasins to be worn on tile and hardwood floors. Others venturing off to work or school seek the warmth and comfort of winter boots. The extremists wear sorrels, the hunter wears cabella and the fashioners, well that depends on the day. But one thing is for sure is the increasing poularity of the Canadian Mukluk. Canadian Mukluks are becoming common place in the everyday life of anyone who tries them on for the first time. Like the Ugg and Emu boots, mukluks can be worn anywhere and anytime. They keep your feet warm in the winter and cool in the summer. They turn heads and you should be ready to tell someone where you bought them. It has been said by a few that they did not want to let the secret out of the bag as they wanted to be the only ones in their city wearing mukluks. But as the days went on they couldn’t keep their little secret.
When you are purchasing a pair of mukluks it is a good idea to investigate before you buy. Here is a list of things you should ask and look for.
1. Where are they Made? Quality Mukluks are made in Canada with genuine Canadian suede or leather and are lined with fleece or wool.
2. What type of sole does it have? The 2 most common types of soles used are Traditional Gum (for outdoor wear), and Leather soles. (Indoor wear)
3. What type of fur is used?The most common type is Farmed Rabbit fur in four colours: Black, Brown, Grey, and White. They can be also made with Coyote, Blue Fox, Beaver, Raccoon, Wolf, and more.
4. What is the height? The average height is 16″ for Tall and 13″ for Short .
5. What is the circumference ? The Standard is 17″ this measurement is taken from the thickest part of the calf.
6. What size do I need? This is 99.9% accurate so order your true size! You want them to fit snug as they will stretch to fit. If you are a half size, go down to the nearest whole size. Whatever you do do not order up. They will be to big.
7. Are mukluks waterproof? Mukluks are not waterproof. They are water resistant. Mukluks are meant to be worn in the snow or during summer months. If you wear a pair of mukluks out in the pouring rain your feet will be wet. Let’s face the facts, any suede and leather boot is not waterproof . You need to apply two coats of all protector to the suede area of the mukluks. The first applcation will seal the suede and the second application will apply a thin protective layer to the mukluk. This will help repel the moisture away from the boot keeping your feet warm and dry. You should apply the all protector after 8 to 10 wears. You can never apply to much. This will also extend the life of your mukluks.
If you have any comments or suggestions please feel free to contact us or comment on our article.
Canadian OutFooters – Walk a mile in our shoes!